Friday, November 19, 2010

I'm baaaaack


Well, its only been 8 1/2 months since my last post! Shortly after the last one, I decided not to pursue the goal as it was taking up too much of my time and causing me to ignore other aspects of my life.

I did go to Vegas twice this summer, one for poker and the other for a wedding. The poker trip with my buddy ReMax was good... I lost a tiny bit playing live but played pretty well overall and just hit a cooler or two. Next time I'd want to go with a few more BI's so I didn't have to play so nitty. The second trip I played one session that lasted about 25 hands, got it AIPF KK vs AA, and just quit after.

I will say that since the end of September (pretty well 2 months ago), I've started to play alot more without such a demanding goal. I started with whatever I had left in my online roll in August, which was around $225-250 if I remember right. I figured that this time around I'd simply use nitty BRM and try to grind my way to some winnings. The first little while I just bounced around, as high as $270 and as low as $150 or so played 0.02/0.05 blinds. Yeah I started with 40 BIs, and it really let me play the way I've always wanted to. Thankfully I did find a few leaks in my game that I corrected, and in the past little while have really turned it around. Actually, alot of that has come in the past 11 days since I actually re-installed HEM and looked at my stats. Since Nov 9th, I've played 22 session, having only 5 losing ones, and one of the losing sesh's was 0.02. Over 14.7k hands, I've profited $142.81 winning 19.07bb/100. Hopefully I can keep up with that and really push through to the next level soon.


At this point my roll is sitting at $536.85. I did dabble with 2 tables of 0.05/0.10 tonite as well, which was somewhat successful. After playing so much .02/.05 it feels weird to be shoving in spots so deep, but I guess like anything, theres an adjustment period. It just feels weird considering I was playing .10/.25 and even some .25/.50 less than a year ago without blinking an eye. Oh well.

This time I am sticking to a strict BRM, and its much easier since I don't have a time frame I'm interested in. 100 BI at my current level meant I was able to move up and give the next level a quick try. I wanted to make it 50bi at the next level but the jump to .10/.25 would take forever. I'm trying not to look that far ahead and instead concentrate on making good decisions. Thats it for now, but it feels good to be playing again, and even better to actually be winning!

Oh yeah, and in other news, I'm getting married to the best girl in the world! I guess I'd love to be able to make enough in the next 8 months to be able to put some towards our wedding or honeymoon, but I'm not too worried about that. I'm just more excited she said yes, and that was probably the best day in my life to this point. Love you sweetie!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment